Updated February 4, 2014
Posted March 9, 2005
Ohio Avenue Book Shelf
Denizens from Ohio Avenue, Talmadge Street and
Dunning Street, plus a couple of former Ohio neighbors, have been meeting
monthly since at least 2002, to discuss a selected tome.
Skirt.com: Under the Covers
Coming up in 2014
- March: Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
- April: Secret History by Donna Tartt
"Coming up" in 2013
- October: Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian
- November: The Great Gatsby
- December: The Last Summer of the Death Warriors by Francisco X. Stork
- The Bookman's Tale by Charles Lovette
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khalid Hosseni.
- Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling
- Maybe This Could be the Place, but Vicki has to finish it first before recommending it.
- Hanna Pylväinen's We Sinners when in paperback
Read in 2013
- May: Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- June: Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
- August: Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
"Read" in 2012
- January: book club eats out on January 3. Meeting at Ol' Fashioned at 6 p.m. for the vodka, then somewhere else for dinner. School is not in session that week.
- February: Bound by Sally Gunning
- March: Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
- April: Charles and Emma: The Darwins' Leap of Faith by Deborah Heiligman
- August: Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- For October: The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Their Eye's Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston for July 2011
- Book club family night July 23
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender for August 2011
- Room by Emma Donoghue for September 2011
- Night Sisters by Sara Rath for October 2011
- November: Andre Agassi's autobiography, Open
- December: In Zanesville by Jo Ann Beard -- Delayed to January.
What they've read